Abyssinia - Merlot
Our Abyssinia red wine is a Washington Merlot, which is the most widely grown red wine grape in the state. Washington’s sunny days and cool nights give this wine a new world fruitiness with old world structure. You’ll taste hints of red berries, spice and plum in this silky red wine. Why do we call it Abyssinia? It's vintage slang for "I'll be seeing ya," and we think you'll like it so much, you'll be back for more.
- Roasted duck breast
- Beef Bourguignon
- Chicken enchiladas
- French dip sandwiches
- Chicken parmesan
- Pasta with meatballs and marinara sauce
- Shrimp pizza
- Baked pasta dishes, such as lasagna
- Grilled pork chops
- Mushroom dishes
- Meat dishes with fruit sauces
Try these spices:
Savory, sweet, or fiery foods all go well with Merlot. Pair it dishes made with warm spices, like nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice. Compliment your Italian dishes with basil, oregano, or rosemary. Hotter or tangier spices that are great with Merlot include paprika, cayenne pepper and chilis.
Looking to pair it with cheese? Look no further than these...
- Alpine Shepard
- Smoked Gouda
- Pecorino Toscano
- Blue Cheese
If you enjoy our Abyssinia...
You might like Carmenere, Zinfandel, Syrah, Valpolicella and Grenache.
- Major Tom by David Bowie
- Walk on the Wild Side by Lou Reed
- Sunday Girl by Blondie
- Somebody to Love by Queen
- Once In a Lifetime by The Talking Heads
- Instant Karma by John Lennon
- Sledgehammer by Peter Gabriel
- It’s the End of the World as We Know It (and I feel fine) by R.E.M.
- Break on Through (to the other side) by The Doors
- Like a Rolling Stone by Bob Dylan
- Every Little Thing She Does is Magic by The Police
- Running Up That Hill by Kate Bush
- Veronica by Elvis Costello